Whether you think Malcolm McLaren was full of shit or if you think he was a genius, you will probably enjoy this compilation. It has a LOT of good stuff on it and will make a good soundtrack to one of your social gatherings when you want to throw something on and not think too hard.
The second installment of gems and nuggets straight from the infamous jukebox at Malcolm and Vivienne’s King’s Road SEX boutique.
Compiled again by Marco Pirroni (Adam and The Ants, Siouxsie and the Banshees) another collection of carefully curated tracks that were played on rotation at 430 Kings Road Chelsea, throughout 1974-1976.
Years in the making, this follow up to Marco’s 2004 “SEX: Too Fast To Live Too Young To Die” continues to complete the jukebox playlist with tracks contributed from those friends who frequented the shop – Jordan Mooney (RIP), Paul Cook, Steve Jones and Sam Bully amongst others – remembering those all-important songs that soundtracked the shop and left lasting impressions on them over 47 years ago.
Another wild ride and a kaleidoscope of jukebox bangers from The Animals to Max Bygraves, Nico to Burundi Black, these tracks undoubtedly played a heavy influence on SEX’s customer’s young ears many who would go on and change the musical world forever – Sex Pistols, The Clash, Chrissie Hynde, Siouxsie Sioux to name just a few.
Artwork supplied by Personality Crisis with unpublished photographs from Jane England, a student at the time but already understood the cultural significance and beauty of both the shop and Jordan Mooney who the compilation is dedicated to.
Pre-Order - Ships Late February, 2023
- The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out of This Place
- Chris Farlowe - Out of Time
- Dave Berry - Don't Gimme No Lip Child
- Peanuts Wilson - Cast Iron Arm
- The Cougars - Saturday Nite at the Duck Pond
- Dave & Ansel Collin - Double Barrel
- Burundi Steiphenson Black - Burundi Black
- John Leyton - Johnny Remember Me
- The Dakotas - The Cruel Sea
- The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - Paralyzed
- Fats Domino - Sick & Tired
- Winifred Atwell - Hawaiian Cha Cha
- Max Bygraves - You Need Hands
- Lloyd Price - Where Were You on Our Wedding Day
- The Ethiopians - Train to Skaville
- Dave & Ansel Collins - Monkey Spanner
- Billy Fury - Wonderous Place
- Nico - I'm Not Sayin'
- The Leaves - Funny Little World
- The Animals - I Can't Believe It
- Ron Moody - You Got to Pick a Pocket or Two
- Dave Berry - The Crying Game
- Mott the Hoople - The Golden Age of Rock n Roll