Don't let "Folk Song" fool you, this is a funky LP that has lots of jams on it! There is a reason it is being repressed as part of the Project Re:Vinyl series. It also has a spacy/psychedelic aspect to it too, so it is a great listen no matter what. We highly recommend this one!
Floating synthesizer, mysteriously resonating guitar, and illusionary saxophone / flute. The far north of folk jazz rock, led by a sound that combines madness and elegance. There are many jazz rock works with the theme of folk songs, but among them, this work “Now Sound ’75 / De-Japanese folk song” has gained cult popularity as one of the far north. Tight grooves, floating synthesizers, mysteriously resonating guitars, and illusionary saxophones / flutes. Deep, psychedelic and elegant. The sound is no longer crazy. Aiming to “get out” of Japanese folk songs, what emerged was a unique music world with an overwhelming degree of perfection, albeit unusual. The work was done by Kosuke Ichihara, a saxophone / flute player from New Hard. This work is also the final work of Love Live Life, a legendary group led by Ichihara that is widely supported as psychedelic-rock-jazz rock.
- Sado Okesa - Niigata Prefectural Folk Song
- Yasugi Bushi - Shimane Prefecture Folk Song
- Kisobushi - Nagano Folk Song
- Esahi Oiwake - Hokkaido Folk Song
- Yosakoi Bushi - Kochi Prefecture Folk Song
- Sansa Shigure - Miyagi Prefecture Folk Song
- Hibiki - Miyazaki Folk Song
- Tsugaruyama - Aomori Folk Song
- Southern Beef Song - Iwate Folk Song
- Tanicha Maebushi - Okinawa Folk Song
- Kuroda Bushi - Fukuoka Prefecture Folk Song
- Shin Soma Bushi - Fukushima Folk Song