This is a really cool compilation of some great tracks that aren't typically the focus on vinyl collectors. As the title says, it is CD-era pop from Japan. It isn't the throwback of City Pop, but also not ultra modern; this is a unique compilation. It is 2 LP's from Music from Memory that open up your horizons.
It was compiled by Norio Sato of Rare Groove and Eiji Taniguchi of Revelation Time; two must visit shops in Osaka, Japan. (We've been to both stores, they're great and Norio and Eiji are friendly guys too.) Accordingly, this was an insta-buy when it was announced. Now we're VERY happy to stock it and share it with you.
- Jun Sato - Lorang
- Fumihiro Murakami - Miko
- Tadahiko Yokogawa - Stop Me
- Love Peace Trance - Yeelen
- Ichiko Hashimoto - Lete
- Yosui Inoue - Pi Po Pa
- Eiki Nonaka - Phlanged Vortex Clip
- X Cara - Night in Aracaju
- Poison Girl Friend - Nobody
- Dream Dolphin - Take No MIchi
- Keisuke Sakurai - Harai (CD Version)
- Hiroki Ishiguro - Unity
- Dido Shizuru Ohtaka Michiaki Kato - Mermaid
- Keisuke Kikuchi - Retro Electric