Our industrial credibility is pretty low here at Cromulent. Sure we've seen Nine Inch Nails a few times, but we're much more familiar with Einsturzende Neubauten's logo than we are with their music. That said, their debut LP, Kollaps has been an LP we've come back to repeatedly over the years.
In 1980, Einsturzende Neubauten formed in West Berlin and a year later came Kollaps. Many listeners weren't ready for their harsh, industrial sound, created from custom-built instruments. Those listeners that were ready found an unrelenting LP that was influential on everyone who listened to it.
Perhaps it is an oversimplification to call Einsturzende Neubauten "Industrial Kraftwerk," but each group has an unapologetic approach to their music. And each created a new sound and let everyone else catch up.
This pressing of Kollaps comes from the Potomak label in Germany. A 12 page booklet is included as well.
- Tanz debil
- Steh auf Berlin
- Negativ Nein
- Draussen Ist Feinlich
- Schmerzen Horen
- Vorm Krieg
- Abschied & Zerfall
- Schib euch ins Blut
- Rohrbombe [Stahdubversion]
- Futuristischer Dub [Stahdubversion]
- Sado-Masodub [Stahdubversion]
- Liebesdub [Stahdubversion]
- Spionagedub [Stahdubversion]
- Mikrobendub [Stahdubversion]
- Gastarbeiterdub [Stahdubversion]
- Rivieradub [Stahdubversion]
- Lunetest [Stahdubversion]